We're Married!!!
So exactly two weeks ago today Dan and I got married!!! Woo-hoo!!! It was a great ceremony in Redlands, CA. The weather was beautiful... which is a great thing since both the ceremony and reception were outdoors.
We had so much fun standing up front with all our friends and family. Dan's groomsmen were his brother Mike, bro-in-law Dirk, and my brothers Tim and Mike. My bridesmaids were my bestfriends Christine and Vicky, Dan's sister Erin, and my sis-in-laws Stefanie and Kallie. It was the greatest team ever! :) We even had Dan's niece Jackie as our flower girl and Dan's nephew P.J. and my nephew Jack as the ring bearers.Our reception was a blast! In-n-out catered the wedding, so the main course was cheeseburgers and double-doubles! It was one of the best ideas we ever had. I don't know that there was anyone who did not love the fact that the In-n-out trailer was there.

Our wedding cake was also absolutely amazing. We got this little German bakery to make it, and it was the best tasting cake... EVER! It didn't hurt that it also looked pretty cute too!

We had a sabre arch, fun music, dancing, and personalized Nalgene bottles as the favors. So I guess you could say it was a great wedding. Tons of fun for all. We'll make sure to post more pictures once we get the professional ones back from the photographer... so stay tuned.
Our Honeymoon!
The day after our wedding Dan and I left to start our honeymoon out in the Dominican Republic. We went to an all inclusive resort and had a great time. The travels to and from there were pretty miserable (delayed baggage, long layovers, delayed flights, missed connections), but the resort part of the honeymoon was wonderful.
Our daily schedule was pretty stressful. We would sleep in and then go hang out at the beach, then eventually move over to the pool, go get lunch, come back to the pool, go eat dinner, and then go to bed early. I guess you could say we had to suffer though a whole week that way. ;)
The resort was beautiful! The Caribbean ocean is everything it's cracked up to be. The water was so clear and comfortable (in temperature). We tried snorkeling one day, but the water was a little too rough. We took a horseback ride down to a lagoon one day. Then our last night we had a private dinner on the beach. We were definitely glad for the time off together.

Congratulations Holly!! I love the new blog! I'm so sorry we couldn't make it down to the wedding. It looks like everything was beautiful and we can't wait to see the rest of the pictures! Congrats to you and Dan!
ReplyDeleteHey Haydens--I'm loving the new blog-especially your flip flop picture, my favorite! Your wedding was so much fun-thanks for everything, you guys! We're are so excited that you guys are starting your new life together-it's a wonderful thing to see our family so happy! Coda comes over often, and her gra'ma and gra'pa take her on walks too! All is well here--miss you guys!
ReplyDelete