A nice couple of weekends

This weekend was a pretty good time. On Friday night Dan and I went with a bunch of people from his work to a Nationals baseball game. It was a pretty good time. Dan and I went to his work that evening, met up with the others, and then took the metro over to the game. We all sat in a section behind left field. We didn't catch any of the home runs, but we did get drenched when the thunderstorm coming through town decided to go directly over the stadium.
On Saturday we woke up early and had breakfast out and then ran some errands. Later that afternoon we went over to some friends house to cook some brats and watch the Red Sox game (I'm so glad they won 14-1 and everyone was in a good mood!). We stayed and played pop culture Trivial Pursuit. Dan won... can't say so much for myself in that I don't know anything about anyone who plays baseball, and I don't watch a whole lot of TV, and I just listen to the music on the radio...I don't know/care who sings it or when. But all in all a good time.
Today we went to church and then went over to Ft. Belvoir's Officer's Club to get brunch. We were told that they have an AMAZING buffet. That is indeed correct! It was amazing. I had a plate of breakfast and a plate of lunch and Dan had two plates of breakfast. We'd recommend that to anyone! I think we'll have to re-look our budget and work in Sunday morning buffets. :) After breakfast we went over to Mount Vernon and walked around till we were good and hot (got really humid). Sorry I don't have any pictures, but it was a spur of the moment trip and we didn't have a camera.
So, great weekend, and tons of fun!

Last weekend Dan and I drove out to Gatlinburg, TN to meet up with the rest of his family to celebrate his parent's 40th wedding anniversary. We were there only for a short time, but we spent that Saturday with the family (all 18 of us!!!) eating, walking, and going to a magic show. The magic show was pretty entertaining and the BBQ place we went that night had the best sausage (I wanted to order some for desert, but Dan said no). We were glad we were able to go out there and see everyone. Yay for Dan's parents and 40 short years!

Wow, Hol, you guys have been busy! So much fun! Yay for huge family gatherings! You guys are seeing some serious sports--I'd need a good ballet or something in there! You look good in that family picture!
ReplyDelete