Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Don't have a cow!

(This is Holly typing) :) There are many things that I have come to like or appreciate by being out here in Virginia (just look at my post about the fall if you need more examples). But one of the funniest things is my love for cows! I love cows! I drive by thousands of cows each week as I drive to/from work and to/from D.C. (my favorites are brown cows). When the weather is nice and my windows are down, I'll often yell "hello cows!" or "good morning cows!" One day there was a cow right up near the road (on the other side of the fence, of course) that was staring into the sun and squinting...but I swear she was smiling at me. I also love seeing tiny calves running around fields. That will make my day.

But the tragically ironic part about my new love for cows is the fact that my belly has decided to hate cows. After having an upset stomach for about 5 weeks, going to the doctor, and changing up my diet, I've learned that I've become extremely lactose intolerant. No more milk or cheese...or even anything with milk product in it. What an unfair thing for someone who loves milk, cheese, and ice cream so much. It's going to be difficult, but at least it's managable (and thank God for lactaid pills).

And if you're worried...don't be. I'll still say good morning to the cows! :D

3 comments:

  1. That's terrible about being lactose intolerant! Sorry about that.

    About your love for cows...you and Jack both :)
    Absolutely loves them and loves to go "mooooo" when he see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for cows!! I saw a parent come to pick up a child at Cedar, bringing along her PET GOAT!! (seriously! Collar, leash, everything!) I LOVE Hesperia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad about the cheese. Wonder if that's why the cow was smiling. Did it have a sign to eat mo chikin?

    ReplyDelete