Our girls are 9 months old! It seems like a week ago that I took their 8 month photos. Wow. (I anticipate saying something to that effect every month. ;) )
Dan and I are doing well. Dan is getting excited about his thesis topic that he is doing for his Master's of Military Arts and Sciences. He doesn't have a thesis yet, but he's enjoying exploring the options. It will have something to do with George Washington because next to JFK and Tom Brady, GW is one of his favorite guys. :)
I am doing well and plugging away at my school work as well. This weekend I go to a big International City/County Management Association conference up in Wisconsin... will be my first real experience where I'm surrounded by public administrators. I guess I'll find out if I'm doing the right degree for me or not. :)
This month was not a great one for the girls. Bridget started out the month with a cold which turned into ear infections. Right about the time that she started to get better Abby got ear infections. We swear that colic was back because most of the month someone (usually Bridget) was fussing and could not be made happy. We have very few pictures from this month because of that reason.
This last weekend Dan's parents were in town and the day they showed up the girls decided to be happy and all giggles. They were wonderful! It was a blessed break from the few weeks prior. Bridget is now getting a cold again so she's back to being fussy, but not nearly as bad as before. She still manages to show us smiles and giggle a lot.
Abby: Abby is still holding strong at two teeth. She keeps making us think another is on the way, but no. She is still growing like crazy and loves to smile and be a happy girl. She's definitely the low-key one of the duo. She also likes to slap things and laugh at the sound and she still loves to pet the dogs. Abby has been playing with the light switch by the changing table all month...she finally turned the lights on/off this morning. Abby is just over 29" tall and 18lbs 8ozs.
Bridget: Bridget now has 6 teeth. She still likes to roll around a bunch, but no crawling yet. Bridget is also getting good at picking up little crunchy snacks and getting them in her mouth. Bridget is still the "needy" one of the two and by that I mean she needs the most love and the most toys. She'll hoard anything she can get her hands on. Bridget is 27" tall and 16lbs 15ozs.
Both: They discovered they can hold hands on purpose. Up until now they've held hands, but I think it was more accidentally. Now they are doing it and realizing what they are doing... and they think it's hilarious! We'll hear them laughing hysterically and sneak up to find them holding hands. They LOVE to make each other laugh and it never gets old for us to watch or listen to them do it. They started a new day care this month and it didn't start off well, but they are used the the place and the people now, so more often than not they have a great day playing with other little babies.
Bath time: Until about 2 weeks ago, I bathed them one at a time and it was all business. Since they are so good at sitting up now, bath time includes some fun time. We put the girls in the tub at the same time and let them splash around with floaty duck and turtles. They love it. Abby is finally getting the hang of splashing in the water, and Bridget is constantly trying to find ways to corral all the toys in her 1/2 of the tub without letting them float away. It's hilarious. No pictures of that yet because we are too busy laughing and smiling at them to remember to have the camera.
Another month has gone by and we can't wait to see what this next month has in store. These two little blessings are so much fun!!! :D

No comments:
Post a Comment