Crazy kiddos!
So I went in for another appointment this morning and had a nice long ultrasound. I actually had a quick on yesterday and a more thorough one today (no issues, just appointments for different reasons). Well, yesterday the doc had the hardest time getting a heart beat because both kiddos were moving around so much. There were arms and legs flailing around everywhere and neither would hold still. (So, no good pictures from that one)
But today the kiddos wouldn't move. They were just lounging around. One even looked like it had its hands back behind its head and its legs crossed. Talk about some serious relaxing. :) Guess they were just tired from all the action yesterday. I still can't feel any of it, but you can see it all on the screen. The doc had to get measurements of certain parts of the body, and she actually had to bounce (almost kind of punching me with the ultrasound wand) my belly just to disrupt their sleep and get them to shift around. They must be heavy sleepers like me.
Another thing was that the nurse said she thinks they're fraternal. There are two placentas, but they're smashed up next to one another. If a cell splits early enough to create identical twins, it is possible that they will each have their own placenta...and since the placentas are so close together it's hard to tell if that's the case or if they really are fraternal. So we'll see... but that was her 2 cents worth. I'd be okay with that so I don't confuse my kids.
Here is a picture of both kids from the front. You can see both of their faces (still kind of like scary skeleton alien faces). :)

Baby "A"

Baby "B"

Sorry, I didn't use the greatest scanner in the world to scan the photos, but I hope you enjoy. I won't have another appointment until late July, so the next picture updates to the blog will probably be from Dan's trips all over Afghanistan! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment