Double the Updates!
So most of you know by now that Dan and I found out about 5 weeks ago that we're pregnant. Then about 2 weeks ago we found out that we were having twins! We were absolutely in shock about it, but we're getting excited about the additions to our family.
I went in to the Dr.'s office last Tuesday to get the results of my lab work. Everything came back fine so far, and the nurse did a second ultrasound. Here's the photo.

During the ultrasound I was able to see little flickers of light that was their heartbeats. I also saw the one on the left move a little bit. It looked kind of like a small ab crunch or a sneeze (but it was probably neither since the babies don't have abs or noses yet). But that was kind of fun. It was also just nice to be able to look at the picture and smile...where as the first time I had an ultrasound I was far from smiling...I couldn't do much other than count to two over and over again in my head and say "oh my goodness....there's two of them!"
Other than that, our lives are crazy as is. I left Charlottesville yesterday and I will be headed back to Fort Lewis on Tuesday morning. I'll be there for several weeks while I work on getting out processed, then it's off to CA for a visit, and then back to D.C. to find a place to live and welcome Dan back at the beginning of September.
Dan has bee doing well out in Afghanistan. He travels around a lot, but it's all by air, so that makes it significantly safer. His job is challenging, but not because of the work he's doing... more because of the personalities that he's working with. Let's just say he has a lot of chances to practice patience. It's also hard not to be able to be here with me going through the pregnancy. It just makes him wish he were home that much more. But other than that, things are going really well for him. He got to Kandahar a couple weeks ago and visited with a lot of people from our unit, so it was great to see friends. Here's a picture of Dan and Tommy a few weeks ago. :)
That's really it for now. I have my next Dr. appointment at Ft. Lewis on the 18th, so maybe I'll have more pictures after that. I'll make sure to update sooner next time! :)

Holly I am so unbelievably excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about your pregnancy and these two lucky little babies so you better start updating this thing all the time! ;). Let us know when you're free while you're up here and we'll plan a get together with the smiths and nachrieners.
ReplyDelete